London & Zurich Ltd are well established within the Direct Debit market having been running for over 15 years and are on an upward curve in terms of growth and ambitions.
Our online Direct Debit system is designed to make it quick and easy to collect payments, and receiving payments can be both fast and secure.
Our client suite is a secure cloud-based service, which is both easy to use and offers the full online management of accounts and reporting. We work with clients across a variety of sectors and industries.
London & Zurich Ltd is part of the Jonas Software Operating Group within Constellation Software Inc. The Jonas Group are the leading provider of full-service enterprise software solutions to a number of vertical markets, including the following hospitality-focused industries: Education, Food services, Leisure, Club and Attractions. Jonas has over 12,000 customers in over 15 countries worldwide. Jonas’ focus is on creating long-term relationships with our customers and ensuring we meet and exceed their software and service needs.
Constellation Software is a rapidly growing conglomerate of Vertical Market Software (VMS) companies; each focused upon leading its respective market niche.
This position is based in Birmingham (B1 2RX).
Reporting to the General Manager with responsibility for the day to day management of the development team, this is a fantastic opportunity for an established or growing Development Manager to join the organisation and make a difference. The Development Manager will be responsible for overseeing the development needs of our Direct Debit management suite.
We are looking for an individual with proven experience in software development, design, and architecture to take ownership of the deliverables for a small team, expected to grow as the business accelerates its sales. This is a hands-on position involving coding solutions as well as leading and managing the work of the team members.
- Take ownership of the software development deliverables for a currently small team, collaborating with other departments to translate product requirements into innovative and detailed technical designs.
- Perform project management of the team’s software development tasks, estimating and tracking effort and forecasting reliable completion dates.
- Co-ordinate software maintenance tasks assigned to the team – bug fixes, customer-driven feature development and product enhancements to include bespoke customer integration.
- Line management of direct reports.
- Ensure individuals have Monthly Activity Plans (MAPS) and a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) plan in place which mirrors and assists the company aspirations.
- Hold regular 1:1 progress meetings with direct reports and act as mentor.
- Setting objectives, performance appraisals and career development of direct reports.
- Ensure the department is adequately staffed for current and future needs, mindful of commercial impact.
- Review of software tools internally and recommendations as part of a continual improvement process.
- Ensuring robust release & configuration management processes are in place.
- Ensure effective communications with other teams.
- Performance reporting on development productivity, efficiency, quality, time and delivery.
- Monitor feedback and perform root cause analysis on recurring issues.
- Recruitment of new team members.
- Hands-on coding as and when required.
- Contribute to the weekly, monthly and quarterly departmental management reporting needs.
- Review code and coding standards, unit tests, build & deployment procedures with a goal of making recommendations for improvements.
- Constantly review development practices and make recommendations for improvement and increased productivity.
- Review software development tools and make recommendations for adoption including any ROI calculations.
- Devise, document and implement departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) e.g. coding standards which can also feed into tender documents for new contracts.
- Lead the development standard across the department and specifically inspire and develop the development team to embed a culture of continuous improvement.
- Establish clear departmental key performance indicators (KPIs) which are implemented, regularly monitored, continually improved and reported to the management team.
- ￼Ensure appropriate levels of suitably qualified staff are available for the development team to deliver against their planned goals.
- 3+ years managing and/or team leading a software team.
- Calm and clear when under pressure.
- Proven ability to resolve complex problems in a pragmatic fashion.
- Excellent, effective and clear written and oral communication skills.
- Background in Software Development (5yrs+): C# .NET, SQL.
- Experience and deep understanding of working in an Agile delivery team (preferably Scrum).
- Good knowledge of software development best practice.
- Experience of coaching other members of staff.
- Team player ethos.
Technical skills that are required for this position are:
- Visual Studio 2010 (or higher).
- TFS 2010 (or higher).
- ASP .net.
- SQL Server 2008 (or higher).
- Microsoft Office.
Your Personal Characteristics will include:
- Ability to work under own initiative and willing to take personal responsibility for issues.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and keen to learn and share knowledge.
- Enthusiastic, motivated, empathetic and professional.
- Flexible and hardworking approach, with a roll-your-sleeves-up mentality.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and job responsibilities. London & Zurich offers excellent benefits including pension, healthcare, dental, life insurance and childcare vouchers.
Only candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK need apply.
IS THIS YOU?
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and covering letter, with details of current package, to Human Resources at:
Please feel free to browse our website for further information at
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”
Posting Period: November 23, 2015 – December 7, 2015